Sunday, February 24, 2008

WHO UNDERSTANDS YOU

WHO UNDERSTANDS YOU

The guru is the only one who understands you. I always thought that
if I just explained myself clearly people would realize what I was
trying to convey to them. It shocked me when they didn't. Twice
Paramahansaji said to me, "Don't expect others to understand you."
Apparently I needed to hear it twice.
(Mukti Mata, `Self-Realization magazine')

In the greatest torments of soul I am always alone, but no--not
alone, for I am with You, Jesus; but here I am speaking about (other)
people. None of them understands my heart, but this does not
surprise me anymore, whereas I used to be surprised when my
intentions were condemned and wrongly interpreted; no, this does not
surprise me now at all.
(Blessed Faustina, 'Divine Mercy in My Soul')

Be in the world as if you were a stranger or a traveler.
(Islam, Forty Hadith of an-Nawawi 40)

No comments: